Wednesday, June 27, 2007

In Istanbul now. It's 3:33am, but here it's 10:30am. We're leaving for Baku at 1:30. The flight wasn't bad, I picked up some medicine from some fellow PCV's and I'm a true believer now in medicating oneself before such an endeavor. I felt absolutely wonderful. :) No worries here....

Now I'm tired. I'm kind of hungry, despite the yummy croissant on the plane. Knowing some Azeri helps with the signs in the airport. Travelling with 53 other people helps too.

Once we get to Baku we'll begin orientation until Sunday and then move on to our host families, where we'll stay for the next three months. This is where letters will come in handy :)

That's all I can write for now. Like I said, I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I'm in Istanbul.

3 comments:

adster said...

No worries here either, Jen. I hope you'll soon be well-rested and -fed in Baku.

Mom said...

You're there! Had fun watching your flights land.

Be safe and happy.

Talk to you soon (whatever that means now:)

Love,
Mom

AJ said...

Hi honey!

Glad to hear that you had a safe trip. I hope you get yourself some food and rest. All is well here...

Luv u,
AJ