This time two weeks from now I will be on a plane to Philadelphia. What?
Everything is ready. I'm done purchasing various items which may or may not make my stay any more or less pleasant that it would otherwise be.
Here are some things on my packing list:
- bourgeois wool socks
- elitist-style laptop
- digital camera which includes settings such as "Baby" (1 and 2), "Pet", "Food" etc.
- iPod holding space for more songs than I could possibly listen to, or probably even
like
- Leatherman tool which includes useful items such as a saw, wire stripper and diamond-coated file
I think with these items I'll really fit in with the Azerbaijanis. I jest.
I'm also bringing some other things: a journal, some skirts, some pants, some shirts. My black peacoat, duct-tape (you never know), photo album, etc.
It's hard to comprehend that in three weeks I'll have been in Azerbaijan a week. I can't wrap my mind around it. I'm becoming more and more excited and less nervous. I feel as mentally and physically ready as I will be and look forward to spending time with friends and family until the big day arrives...
Next on the list:
Last day of work (10th)
Go up north (10th-13th)
Cedar Point (14th-15th)
Going Away party (16th)
Move out of apartment (19th)
Begin new life (24th and beyond...)
Sunday, June 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi there - found you randomly. My boyfriend is also leaving this morning (from MI, coincidentally) for Philadelphia, then AZB. Hope you have a safe trip!
Post a Comment